HOW TO MAKE A SAFETY POSTER?
1. Think of a topic that you would like your people to pay attention to
2. Outline the drawing or insert a picture
3. Write the description line
4. Pin it up so that everyone can read.
TIPS IN MAKING A SAFETY POSTER
- Be concise and clear
- Enlarge the drawing or demonstration as big as possible
- Bolded and large-sized font
- Provide solutions or suggestions to a risk
- Pick a sharp colour to draw attention
- Publish in a different language for all of your employees
HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT TOPIC FOR A SAFETY POSTER?
- Count the top injuries in your department
- Be specific on citing examples
- State the risk and possible consequence
- Give clear direction
TOP SAFETY POSTER IDEAS FOR HOTEL HOUSEKEEPING
- A common location where contusion happens
- Ankle Sprains
- Back muscles strain
- Shoulder strain
- Posture in Bed Making
- Posture in cleaning bathtub
- Posture in cleaning up garbage
- Report of risk
- Use of Vacuum Cleaner
- Human behavior
IDEAS OF WHERE TO PIN UP THE HOUSEKEEPING SAFETY POSTER?
- Safety Board
- Office Bulletin Board
- Changing room
- Shuttle bus waiting area
Or you may even introduce the safety poster in the daily housekeeping morning briefing!
WHAT ARE THE SIZES OF A2, A3, A4 POSTERS?
A2 - 420 x 594mm
A3 - 297 x 420mm
A4 - 210 x 297mm
since the dimension of A5 is rather small - 148 x 210mm, it is better to be used as a safety tips card for training use.
WHAT IF I DON'T KNOW USING SOFTWARE LIKE PHOTOSHOP TO DESIGN POSTERS, IS THERE ANY SIMPLE-TO-USE APPLICATION?
Yes, consider using Microsoft Powerpoint. Set dimension to your desired output size. Adjust orientation (Portrait or Landscape). And choose images with high resolution. Stretch the text box width so that it matches the width of your artboard so that the text can be aligned in the middle of the poster.
What is JPG? What is PNG? What is PDF?
JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group ) file is a common image format for sharing photos.
PNG (Portable Network Graphic) is great for digital art, as one of the popular bitmap image formats.
PDF (Portable Document Format) run by Adobe, is used for sharing documents.
WHAT FORMAT SHOULD I SAVE AS AFTER CREATING A SAFETY POSTER?
PDF. The design can be preserved and it's printer-friendly in the processing procedure.